1- Hajj & Umrah Health Research and Epidemiology Administration :2- Clinical Research Administration :
Our administration acts as a primary point of contact with various partners as sponsors and collaborators (from universities or institutions) either national or international. We provide to our partners the support to initiate and conduct clinical studies in compliance with, the International Conference on Harmonisation for Good Clinical Practice Guidelines (“ICH-GCP”) KAMC policies, and local regulatory requirements.
Our work with sponsors, contract research organizations (CROs), and collaborators starts with site feasibility that may include facility tours, followed by contract negotiation. We liaise with principal investigators and co-investigators for protocol revision, consent review, study documents submission to the IRB and site initiation visit. We coordinate the day-to-day activities of clinical studies to ensure the timely and accurate performance of activities such as screening and enrolment of research participants, and data transcription and data entry. We work with the Pharmacy Clinical Research Unit we ensure the dispensing of the study drug according to each study’s schedule and with the laboratory department and the radiology department to ensure the completeness of all requested laboratory tests and radiology imaging based on the study schedule. Our aim is the complete compliance with the study protocol and to ensure the safety of the study participants.3- Science and Technology Unit Administration :
A leading model by 2020 to achieve one of the objectives of the National Transformation Program, which support the researchMission :
Enhancing scientific research by supporting and developing the strategic programs and projects at KAMC and following up on their implementation to achieve the objectives of the Grants Program for Universities and Research Centers as one of the National Transformation Program, which is supervised by KACST.Strategic Objectives :
1. Enhancing scientific research and promoting basic and applied research to KAMC personnel;
2. Raising the level of contribution, both qualitatively and quantitatively, of the KAMC personnel;
3. Providing consultation for researchers to ensure the quality of research proposals, and the consistency with the alignments of Grants Program for Universities and Research Centres;
4. Providing administrative, technical and financial supervision during the research period.Procedures :
1. Assisting researchers in writing and drafting of submitted research project proposals.
2. The principal investigator has to write the research proposal and fill out KACST application in the electronic portal According the announced period.
3. The STU is reviewing the projects presented ensure consistency with KACST requirements.
4. Notifying the researchers of the feedback, if required.
5. All approved research proposals in the electronic portal will be submitted to KACST.
6. After KACST approval of submitted research proposals, all concerned parties are notified.
7. If the research proposal is approved, the contract is signed by both the STU and the principal investigator and a copy is provided to KACST.
8. The principal investigator has to apply for IRB approval.
9. The principal investigator is to submit a detailed research plan with the starting date of the project beginning.
10. Coordinating with KACST to confirm receiving the grant request.
11. Following up the progress of the projects and overcoming all obstacles to ensure successful completion on time.
12. Collecting data and information, preparing statistics, following up scientific and technical development and updating the relevant scientific and technical indicators;
13. Technical and financial follow up of the execution of the research project.
14. Receiving periodic reports from research teams to forward to KACST on time.
4- Basic Research Administration :